Saturday 17 January 2015

SPOILERS SWEETIES! Official Synopsis Supernatural 10x12 "About A Boy"




"Bad Boys" was one of my favourite episodes of Season 9. I pretty much wrote a damn love letter to it when I reviewed it! I loved everything about discovering this previously unknown part of Dean's life. And I loved everything about Sam discovering a little bit of Dean he never knew. The whole thing was so gorgeous I exploded in sea of feels! I love "Bad Boy"s...so I'm eagerly anticipating another episode with Junior Dean!

Here's the synopsis!


ABOUT A BOY

DEAN IS TURNED INTO HIS 14 YEAR OLD SELF — Looking to get Dean (Jensen Ackles) out of the bunker, Sam (Jared Padalecki) finds a case for him and Dean to investigate – people are disappearing into thin air with only their clothes left behind. Sam and Dean suspect fairies or angels, but the truth turns out to be much more shocking – Hansel (guest star Mark Acheson), from Hansel and Gretel lore, is kidnapping people and turning them into their younger selves to placate the evil witch (guest star Lesley Nicol). Unfortunately, Dean finds this information out the hard way after he becomes Hansel’s next victim and reverts to his 14 year old self. Serge Ladouceur directed this episode written by Adam Glass (#1011). Original airdate 2/3/2015.



So what I'm wondering is this truly 14 year old Dean or 36 year old Dean in 14 year old Dean's body? I'm thinking actual 14 year old Dean from the synopsis, but maybe not! Either way is going to be fun and very cool. Dylan Everett basically channelled Jensen Ackles when we last saw him as Dean. And I really hope Sam gets to talk to this young Dean. I really hope that...like a lot!

Also, it sounds like Dean is scared to leave the bunker with that pesky MoC causing havoc for him. Which makes me so, so sad. The MoC storyline is playing out so beautifully don't you think? From season 9, now into 10, and how we're seeing this reveal of what it's doing to Dean and how that's affecting him - and consequently affecting Sam. Sam becoming uber fight for your bro Sam. I LOVE HIM!

Do you think Junior Dean is going to stuff the bad guy in the oven? Hey, is this the show's first foray into fairy tales? Apart from "Bedtime Stories" - which was a book coming to life. And not counting The Wizard of Oz, because that's not a fairy tale. But I don't think they've ever had a fairy tale character actually be lore have they? This is going to blow the brothers' minds!

So what do you think? Are you looking forward to another episode with Dylan Everett as young Dean Winchester?

Let me know!
-sweetondean

6 comments:

  1. I love the idea of de-aged Dean, and I'm cool with either scenario. 14 yr old Dean would provide so many feels, while 36yr old/14yr old Dean would provide many, many comedic moments, so yes, I'm cool either way.

    Dylan IS young Dean, in a way that neither Ridge nor Brock ever quite managed, so I adore that they found a way to bring him back.

    This season. Man, we're not even halfway through, and despite my ever present terror for Dean, I find myself in a constant state of EPIC SQUEE. Add to that the huge number of conventions this anniversary year, and I just may not survive. But what a fabulous way to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also forgot to say, the thought of Sam getting to be the "big" brother for once fills me with SO MUCH SQUEE! And so many feels. SO MANY.

      Delete
    2. I am with you with the big brother thing. I mean this would be the first time Sam would be the "Big brother". I can't wait for the episode... I want to know how it happens. The change I mean and how hilariously this will undoubtedly go on.

      In other words. I WANT to see the episode already! :)

      - Lilah

      Delete
  2. Ooh! Sam as big brother! I didn't think of that! I'm totally stoked for this episode. Personally, I'm hoping for 14 year old Dean. I feel like that could really work in favor of some major brother bonding, as long as Dean remembers everything. I can just picture 14 year old Dean FREAKING out when he can't find Sammy, and not believing that this moose is his actual Sam. Ah, that would be great! There could be so much sass and bitchfaces!

    I love the way this season is playing out! Everything is really building nicely on previous eps or seasons, and it's got a nice flow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO excited at the prospect of another "young Dean" episode, and if that same young actor is playing him - can't wait. Dylan Everett was beautiful, perfect, as that younger version of Dean. OMG - I can't believe they did this. It sounds like something you'd read in fanfic and thing was awesome but know they probably wouldn't do for real. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Clarie Here. I am relatively new fan. I started watching Supernatural during 2014 December Holiday. After a few episodes and I fell hard for the boys. I watched all the episodes in marathon basis and now catching up and ready for latest episodes. Somedays I watch more than 10 episodes per day with very little hour of sleep. ;).I have read all the reviews here and love it. You are very sweet and appreciate every episode. For "About the boy", I can't wait to see Dylan as a young dean. He is brilliant. And of course also can't wait to read your review. Thanks for all the joys and pleasant feelings from reading your reviews. <3

    ReplyDelete